Sunday, February 6, 2011

Yummy Yummy Treats Treats!

I had the honor of doing a little baking on Friday for one of my best girlfriends daughters Bat Mitzvah.

I have to say - I was super excited to be able to create some yummies and have them be pink and girlie!!

So what did I make...
Chocolate Chip Covered Oreos
Mini Doughnut Cupcakes
Brownie Pops

You all know how much I loved making the Brownie-O's over the holidays...if you want the recipe - click here.  Well, I saw on Becky Bakes that she made some with Chocolate Chip Cookies.  YUM! (OK - I didn't try them because I'm still on my cleanse - but the T-man had one and said - GREAT combination mom). I didn't use her recipe for the cookies - I used mine.


I test drove the mini doughnut cupcakes last week just to make sure they were going to turn out OK.  And when I made them on Friday - they came out just as good.  The only difference...PINK frosting.  I first saw this idea on the Farm Chicks blog.


Last but not least, I saw some really cute Brownie Pops on the Farm Chicks website too.  Mine didn't turn out like hers.  The Chocolate wasn't cooperating so I had to improvise.  I still think it worked.  T-man taste tested the pop with the chocolate all over and the chocolate just on the top and good thing he opted for just the chocolate on the top. :)


Now onto the fun packaging.  So all of these treats were being served at the lunch following the service. Everything had to be disposable so I was trying to figure out how to transport and serve everything.  So yup - you guessed it.  I decided to individually wrap everything.  Pink Bows and some Martha Stewart Decorative Tape along with some labels I made so everyone would know what they were eating.



This was so much fun.  It was a labor of love and I'm so happy that everyone enjoyed the treats.

xoxo,
Caryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...